Welcome to the GSMA Capacity Building Induction Pathway Programme (IPW).
The continual rapid pace of change across the mobile sector has presented challenges for regulatory authorities as knowledge gaps have continued to grow in key mobile policy areas. Since 2014, the GSMA’s Capacity Building Programme has sought to address this by designing training courses exclusively for policymakers and regulators working within the telecommunications field.
These short courses – accredited by the UKTA – have been delivered to thousands of regulatory professionals from over 180 countries. Training is provided both in person and remotely, and the GSMA work with various partners worldwide to ensure the delivery of impactful training at scale.
Induction Pathway (IPW)
The invitation only pathway is new for 2024. Three regulatory Authorities from Somalia, Uganda and Zimbabwe have been selected to take part in the programme, participants will complete 12 short Capacity Building courses over the year.
- Develop expertise in telecommunications policy and acquire strategic regulatory knowledge understanding the role of various mobile policies in shaping the industry, fostering innovation, and ensuring fair competition.
- Develop a global perspective by exploring international best practices, case studies, and regulatory approaches from diverse regions.
- Understand the role of telecommunications in national development and contribute to shaping policies that align with broader socioeconomic objectives.
- Develop a professional network starting with fellow participants therefore fostering mutual support and shared knowledge
- Leveraging Mobile to Achieve SDG Targets
- Internet of Things
- Addressing the Digital Divide
- Bridging the Mobile Gender Gap
- Mobile Money
- Principles of Mobile Privacy
- Climate Change and the Mobile Industry
- Spectrum Management for Mobile Telecommunications
- 5G — The Path to the Next Generation
- The Role of Mobile in Humanitarian Action
- Children’s Rights and Connectivity
- Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence for Impact
The programme launch is scheduled for 4th January 12:00 UK time and attendance is mandatory. You will receive a separate calendar invite for this MS Teams hosted session.
From 4th January, each course on the Induction Pathway will be made available to you on your my learning page on a monthly basis.
For technical support, please email email@example.comEnrol on this course
Daniela works on the GSMA’s Capacity Building program and manages the delivery of training content to regulators and policymakers worldwide and leads capacity building partnerships with the World Bank, ITU, among others. Before joining GSMA, Daniela worked at the LSE Firoz Lalji Institute for Africa. She designed and delivered training to African graduate students to develop leadership and critical skills and coordinated the Programme for African Leadership’s wide range of operational and developmental activities.
Daniela holds an MSc in Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship from the London School of Economics and Political Science, and an MA in Theory and Practice of Human Rights from the University of Essex. Her interests and expertise lie at the intersection between social innovation, economic and social rights, and social development.