Mobile technologies have the potential to promote and contribute to a sustainable and low-carbon future. This course examines case studies of mobile service applications in the areas of climate change mitigation and adaptation, business sustainability, smart cities and the improvement of the natural environment. The course also addresses the environmental footprint of the mobile industry and covers sustainable responses of network operators to topics such as energy use, recovery of used and waste equipment and reporting on climate change impacts.
- Course Objectives
- • Examine the potential of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT),
including mobile technologies, to contribute to a sustainable future.
• Learn about the importance of environmentally sound management of used
and waste electrical and electronic equipment.
• Identify opportunities for mobile services and technologies to support
environmental and climate-change management in smart cities.
- Course Completion Certificates
- All of our courses are certified by the UK Telecoms Academy (UKTA) and can be used as evidence of professional development.
- To qualify for a course completion certificate, students need to view all the course sessions and complete a short final project. Students are also strongly encouraged to take part in weekly live chat sessions and to discuss the course content on the Course Forum.
Introduction: The Global Agenda
Environmental Management in the Mobile Industry
Session 3: The global e-waste management agenda
Session 4: Environmentally sound waste management
Session 5: Climate change management in the mobile industry.
Session 6: Energy management for mobile network operators
Session 7: Mobile technologies for climate action
Session 8: Smart cities and conclusion